EUMEDCONNECT3 Supports e-Learning and Collaborative Tools
Against the backdrop of limited mobility and a rapidly expanding student population in many Mediterranean countries, ICT-enabled distance learning, commonly referred to as e-learning, provides an answer to the need to move beyond traditional, campus-based education. With its high-speed, reliable connectivity EUMEDCONNECT3 supports this educational innovation: it facilitates the online training of university staff in tele-teaching techniques and enables students to enrol virtually and attend lectures remotely at geographically dispersed universities.
Similarly, collaboration tools, such as video-conferencing and immersive environments, allow users at different locations throughout the region to interact in real time as though they were in the same place. EUMEDCONNECT3 provides an enabling environment for the delivery of remote, interactive training in a wide variety of disciplines. It also provides cost-effective and time-saving communication support to geographically dispersed partners in collaborative research projects.
The EUMEDCONNECT3 project:
- Takes the ‘distance’ out of distance learning.
- Makes learning more flexible and accessible.
- Facilitates capacity building of teaching staff regarding distance learning via online training.
- Allows students to enrol virtually at remote universities and to participate interactively in lectures via video links.
- Encourages the development of e-education centres across the Mediterranean.
- Enhances multi-party dialogue, supporting scientific workgroup meetings with video-conferencing.
- Supports time-saving, cost-effective remote training and ongoing professional development in many disciplines.
- Facilitates communication between geographically dispersed partners in collaborative research projects by complementing face-to-face contact with virtual meetings.
Find out more about how EUMEDCONNECT3 supports e-learning, remote professional training and communication between project partners in the case studies below: